Thursday, July 5, 2007

Day 45

This morning we woke up to some wind and dark clouds.



We have three days of sailing ahead of us and we are trying to get to a town called Galapoli by Tuesday for an appointment with the Raymarine guy. With the help of our friend at the capitanerie office Juliann secured a place for us in the next port so in spite of the weather we decided to give it a try.

Well, we didn't get too far. The water was bigger than we were comfortable with. Then all of the sudden in the midst of it all a dolphin appeared!! He swam with our boat for awhile and then started putting on a show and jumping in and out of the waves!! I was so thrilled that I got to see him. Just as Jules was about to take a photo he disappeared. Oh, well.

We turned ourselves around and went back to Porto di Tropea. (Later several passer-bys commented on how they watched us go out and come back in.)

We then tried to take advantage of our day in port. Jules, Linds, and I did some laundry.



Dad met our neighbors a few boats down, Kathy and Don, a couple from Las Vegas who have been sailing the Mediterranean for about 6 years. They are a wealth of knowledge!

A few days ago Dad got the internet bill amounting to over $2000!! So, he spent much of the day trying to work out a new plan.

We went into town again for a couple hours.





Luckily, this port has a type of wi-fi, so we stayed up to 3 a.m. to get caught up on the blog!!

5 comments:

Paige said...

Love the story of the missing boat. Surely it's not your fault that the buoy wasn't actually attached. Looking for great beaches and food is pretty much a dream vacation. Now please write about the hot guys.

Marie said...

Hello you lucky Wheelers! I LOVE your blog! I can't believe Mal chose to leave the bliss and happiness of the sailing boat and tourist group. Wish there was another video of the dolphin this time. . . we loved the first! So glad all the Italians are friendly and helpful. I read Paige's post then clicked on her picture. Hilarious blog! I got a good laugh out of the sister-wives and all the others too. My children kept asking, "What's so funny mom?" My reply, "Just mommy stuff." Very entertaining morning on the computer. Thanks Becca, Juls and Linds for being so diligent in keeping us posted. Did I say I LOVE this blog?

Steph said...

I miss you guys. Glad you're still having a good time.

public said...

yay! they're still alive! and so is the boat!

Bell said...

HI Wheelers
I can't believe I found this. I am glad to learn more about your Wheeler vacation. Looks like you are having a blast. Thanks for letting me have a look.
Joanna