Thursday, July 5, 2007

Day 36

We left this morning for San Felice Circeo, a long sail day that will put us halfway to Pompeii. The weather was nice and sunny





but the water was really rough. I tried to relax and thought I was doing okay but the waves finally got to me and I barfed. :( I found the best remedy was to just try and sleep on my bed. It was a long day. Tomorrow I'm using one of those motion sickness patches for sure! (it said you had to put it on the night before)





We finally arrived at our destination but the port was totally full. Italy is really busy this time of year. The capitanerie tried calling a few other ports for us but they were all full so we had to anchor out for the first time. This was especially unfortunate since all I wanted was to be on land.

As soon as we got the anchor down and secured a huge blast of wind came out of nowhere. It was a little scary knowing we would be out there all night, not knowing if we'd still be there in the morning. Luckily the anchor held through that brief windstorm so it gave me a little more confidence. We watched a movie and had some dinner and somehow managed to fall asleep (probably with the help of that motion sickness patch).

No comments: